1.5
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation

I came down the stairs in the morning, walked out the door and within a few feet of the door is a pavement deviation where I stepped, rolled and broke my ankle. The urgent care center told me I had to see a specialist within 48 hours so I had to end my trip and go back to Chicago loosing the cost of my trip on top of it.

Not a single person from the facility showed any interest in me when another guest who witnessed the incident kindly helped me up and to a chair in the reception area. When I contacted their insurance on the matter, they told me "witnesses said I professed to management that I wasn't paying attention". The area has yellow paint with welcome signs and luggage cart holding area signs which was their position of "non-liable" because the area is "well marked". In Chicago yellow markings at an entrance mean no parking or fire zone which are accompanied by posted notices.

Certainly they didn't put up a sign that said "fall hazard area" because it acknowledges their neglect, almost as much as painting the area and calling it good enough. This especially in light of the fact that at least a dozen guests seeing me in pain commented that they or someone in their party tripped or fell on the same hazard, even the counter clerks said "it happens all the time". Unfortunately, at 69, I fell victim to it and they have no intention of addressing it and appear cavalier of their crafty deflection. Baymont themselves are complicit for not imposing a safety standard on their facilities while you tend to trust their name, makes you wonder what other violations lurk around their facilities.

In the picture, I walked out the door in the direction of the line where looking down at the yellow paint actually conceals the pavement variation so that I did not know it was there until I felt my ankle giving way beneath me.

Rooms smelled and generally poor state of repair, it's obvious management doesn't want to spend money on upkeep or things like safety. I would steer clear at any cost!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Baymont Inn And Suites Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: No other guest would ever be subjected to what I went through!.

Comments

Any personal injury attorney would advise you to not talk about this incident publicly.