Baymont Inn And Suites Sanitary Conditions Review from Sibley, Iowa
My stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites in Normal Il was a disgusting nightmare.My girls and I booked a one night stay at this hotel because we live 2 hours away and were attending an Alzheimer's awareness walk early the next morning.
My girls were beyond excited to have fun swimming and the adventure of staying at a hotel. As soon as we arrived, swimsuits were put on and we headed straight to the small indoor pool. The hotel is completely outdated, tiles in the floor missing, pealing paint, etc. I was too busy at that point to really take a close look where we'd be staying.
When we returned to our room, I noticed the shower curtain was moldy, the tub and sink were filthy, there was hairs all over the floor, and the sheets and comforter were stained. Gross. I brought our own pillows and blankets so pulled down the bed to find BUGS. I caught one, put it in a bag, and brought it to the front desk to only be laughed at.
"That's not a bed bug, we know what those look like." (That's reassuring) I wanted my money back so I could stay at one of the many other hotels in that area. Unfortunately, everything was booked due to it being a parents weekend at a near by college. I had to settle with getting another room. This room was bug free,(I thought) but dirtier than our previous.
I was stuck. 2 hours away from home with my kids and nowhere else to go at 8pm. I expressed my concerns about the cleanliness only to be treated rudely by a staff member who even offered me a Xanax to help me sleep.
I feel robbed and disgusted.I know not all hotels can be perfectly clean, but this is completely unacceptable.
More Review Details
|Quality of Food|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Facilities and Services|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " I visited Las Vegas from July 10-16. I was lodged this time at the Golden Nugget off Fremont Street. On this trip folks I rented a car from Budget..."
- "On 10/11/14, my husband I purchased tickets for Universal Studios from Bluegreen during our third stay at The Fountains resort in Orlando, our fifth stay with Bluegreen. On 10/12/14, we..."
- "1st photo is above the mirror/sink area when you walk in. The light hood is broke and filthy. 2nd photo where a water sprinkle system use to be. And also now..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- "I feel I was over charged for 3 deep dish pizzas. They are advertised at $8 +tax two different places. Then advertised @ $8.50 in one other location..."
- "I have a several health conditions, one of which is quite rare. I've had Coventry for three years now because it is the only insurance company on the insurance..."
- "Had bought 100 lot grab bag of mixed fin koi and every one of them had died! I am an experienced fish hobbyist and these fish died within a week!..."