My stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites in Normal Il was a disgusting nightmare.My girls and I booked a one night stay at this hotel because we live 2 hours away and were attending an Alzheimer's awareness walk early the next morning.
My girls were beyond excited to have fun swimming and the adventure of staying at a hotel. As soon as we arrived, swimsuits were put on and we headed straight to the small indoor pool. The hotel is completely outdated, tiles in the floor missing, pealing paint, etc. I was too busy at that point to really take a close look where we'd be staying.
When we returned to our room, I noticed the shower curtain was moldy, the tub and sink were filthy, there was hairs all over the floor, and the sheets and comforter were stained. Gross. I brought our own pillows and blankets so pulled down the bed to find BUGS. I caught one, put it in a bag, and brought it to the front desk to only be laughed at.
"That's not a bed bug, we know what those look like." (That's reassuring) I wanted my money back so I could stay at one of the many other hotels in that area. Unfortunately, everything was booked due to it being a parents weekend at a near by college. I had to settle with getting another room. This room was bug free,(I thought) but dirtier than our previous.
I was stuck. 2 hours away from home with my kids and nowhere else to go at 8pm. I expressed my concerns about the cleanliness only to be treated rudely by a staff member who even offered me a Xanax to help me sleep.
I feel robbed and disgusted.I know not all hotels can be perfectly clean, but this is completely unacceptable.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Facilities and Services|
|Quality of Food|
|Value for money|
You May Also Like
- "I stayed at the Budget Inn in Pinellas Park, Florida off Hwy 19 N from Thursday, 9/22 until Monday, 9/25. I've never stayed in such a rat hole! I stayed..."
- "This is a call to all of the unsuspecting consumers who fell victim to the largest timeshare scam in Mexico. Personally Vida Vacations got me for $54,000, I know there..."
- "Booked a King bed and showed up at three PM when I could check in and there were no King rooms clean or available. I was busted down to 2..."
- "Bought two multi chip packs. ALL the Fritos in both were stale old-tasting and hard. Noticed a couple holes near the bottom seal of the bag. Looks like glue and..."
- "Purchase a new 2015 passport in April 2015, took a vacation to SD when arrived back home noticed a wave on the front cap. This year went 114 miles..."
- "I bought a book online from Deer Run Books which was described thusly: "Fine/Very Good/unclipped. Third Printing. Very tight, clean copy with no damage to the pages or hard covers...."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."