Baymont Inn And Suites Sanitary Conditions Review from Sibley, Iowa

7 of 68 Baymont Inn And Suites reviews

My stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites in Normal Il was a disgusting nightmare.My girls and I booked a one night stay at this hotel because we live 2 hours away and were attending an Alzheimer's awareness walk early the next morning.

My girls were beyond excited to have fun swimming and the adventure of staying at a hotel. As soon as we arrived, swimsuits were put on and we headed straight to the small indoor pool. The hotel is completely outdated, tiles in the floor missing, pealing paint, etc. I was too busy at that point to really take a close look where we'd be staying.

When we returned to our room, I noticed the shower curtain was moldy, the tub and sink were filthy, there was hairs all over the floor, and the sheets and comforter were stained. Gross. I brought our own pillows and blankets so pulled down the bed to find BUGS. I caught one, put it in a bag, and brought it to the front desk to only be laughed at.

"That's not a bed bug, we know what those look like." (That's reassuring) I wanted my money back so I could stay at one of the many other hotels in that area. Unfortunately, everything was booked due to it being a parents weekend at a near by college. I had to settle with getting another room. This room was bug free,(I thought) but dirtier than our previous.

I was stuck. 2 hours away from home with my kids and nowhere else to go at 8pm. I expressed my concerns about the cleanliness only to be treated rudely by a staff member who even offered me a Xanax to help me sleep.

I feel robbed and disgusted.I know not all hotels can be perfectly clean, but this is completely unacceptable.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Baymont Inn And Suites Normal Il
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #920677 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Baymont Inn And Suites? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
7 of 68 Baymont Inn And Suites reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.